Saturday, December 29, 2012

Raw Vegan Lasagna Variations



Often when I make my Raw Lasagna I have a bunch of leftover filling. So I thought I'd share some of the ways in which I use it up. 


Lasagna Bites
These are great for parties.
I used a mandoline slicer to cut the zucchini into strips that are about 3-4mm thick.
Then I cut them into bite sized pieces - about 4cm wide.
Now assemble them on a platter:
⇰ Zucchini on bottom
⇰ Layer of Lemon Pepper Vegan Ricotta
⇰ Zucchini
⇰ Layer of Tomato Ragu
⇰ Zucchini
⇰ Pesto on Top
One thing to note: zucchini likes to let go of it's water content once it's cut so your platter may become watery if these are not served and consumed right away. But no worries if this happens... just use a paper towel to soak up the excess water and clean up the plate :)


Half & Half Raw Spaghetti

This is one of my favourite things to bring for lunch. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and is SO delicious. You'll need a Spiralizer or a Julienne Peeler to make the noodles out of zucchini or yellow zucchini. Depending on the size, I use one or two zucchinis for my lunch.
⇰ Toss half the noodles in the tomato ragu and the other half in the pesto.
Yum!






Stuffed Peppers

This is another favourite lunch of mine. And again, it's SO fast and easy to make.
⇰ Just cut a pepper in half and remove the pulpy white inner cavity.
⇰ Now fill with Lemon Pepper Vegan Ricotta, Tomato Ragu and Pesto. 
These can be prepared the night before and hold up well in the refrigerator too. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment